Thursday, April 5, 2012
James and I got to see our precious twins today which was such a wonderful treat! The babies are looking good, moving and kicking up a storm. I know I am going to miss the kicking feeling when the babies are no longer safe and quiet inside my belly. So I was about to leave my OBGYN appointment feeling good when the doctor wanted the ultra sound tech to do a few more measurements. That lead to the craziness that ended up being the rest of my afternoon. After spending more time in the ultra sound room I saw my wonderful OBGYN again. He came in and said, I am 99% sure everything is fine but I would like to send you right over to the Perinatologist just to double check the umbilical cord blood flow. Being the good patient that I am I walked myself over to the specialist's office and proceeded to wait FOREVER to see the doctor. In the end it was totally worth the wait. I adore Dr. Posner, he was wonderful, patient, and filled with a ton of great information. He spent so much time with me doing extensive measurements of the babies and the umbilical cord. I am SO pleased to report that the babies are just fine. All of the numbers and measurements were normal. To me "normal" is awesome!!!
I am scheduled to go back and see my OBGYN in two weeks. Maybe this time both twins will show their precious little faces. This time around one of the twins was being very stubborn and not cooperating. I hate to say it but it sounds a bit like me!
Posted by Melanie Valencia at 7:51 PM
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
1. Playing miniature golf and getting a hole in 1 despite the big pregnant belly
2. Finding a great little lunch spot with delicious, healthy, fresh food (The vegan roasted peach and butternut squash soup was amazing)
3. Playing/attempting to play mini bowling. James almost got a turkey, he was great!
4. Looking in all the cute shops
5. Relaxing and doing NOTHING
6. People watching
7. Eating our first ever buffalo burger (the babies really liked that one)
8. Renting a golf cart and taking a scenic tour of the beautiful island
9. Renting movies and watching them in our cozy little hotel room
10. Last and best of all spending time with my sweet, handsome, wonderful hubby James
It is crazy to think that this is the last trip James and I will ever take that will be just us. Life is going to change so much in a few short months and I honestly could not be more excited about it!
Posted by Melanie Valencia at 8:52 PM