Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day, 1st Birthday Planning, and Anniversary....oh and A Portfolio/Thesis!


This week has only just begun and already I am exhausted!  We kicked off this week with a wonderful 1st Mother's day for me.  Piper, Phoebe and I spent the morning at church celebrating and honoring all the wonderful mommies with our church family.  We even had a surprise visit from Grammie, Auntie Nattie and Auntie Hillie-Bear.  What a wonderful surprise!!!  James worked very hard to make me feel special even though he worked most of the day.  I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family.





Monday Fun-Day was spent running errands to get all of the party food and supplies we will need to celebrate Piper and Phoebe's 1st Birthday (We did squeeze in a quick stop in Laguna Beach in the midst of the craziness for some family fun).  The girls had a couple of firsts yesterday...the first time they put their feet in the ocean and their first cart ride at Costco.  I love that Coscto carts have a spot for two kids...wahoo!  Unfortunately, both James and I forgot our phones in the car so we could not get a picture of our little girls loving their first Costco cart ride...boo!  Oh well, I am sure there will be many, many more Costco cart rides in our future.



Today, Tuesday, May 14th James and I will celebrate 9 years of wedded bliss!  I am so happy I made the big decision to say "I do" to my best friend and soul mate.  The last nine years have been crazy, but there is no one else I would want to go on this journey of life with.  James makes me laugh and smile like no one else.  I am so proud of the man he has become.  He is not only a wonderful husband but an amazing dad and an incredible Pastor to our Rancho Capistrano church family.  I'm blessed beyond belief!

Just when I thought things could not get crazier, they did....I am putting together my thesis portfolio this month and will officially have my Master's degree by the end of the month!  Wow, what a journey this process has been.  I will admit my timing is not the best when I decided to go back to school, but I am honestly glad I did it now.  It has been a crazy past several months but I will be so happy once it is all done and behind me.




No comments: