Tuesday, November 20, 2012

6 Month Visit to the Doctor


Today was Phoebe and Piper's 6 month old doctor appointment.  Dr. Ball was booked up for months so we saw Dr. Roberts.  She was great!  Very patient and understanding despite all of our questions.  James and I were excited and nervous for this day.  We were excited to see how much the girls weighed and find out if they could start on solid foods, but nervous/sad about the shots.  No matter how many times we go to the doctor the cry that the babies give when they get their shots still brings tears to my eyes.  Thank goodness for brave James.  He watches the shots and then hands me a baby to comfort when it is all over with.  With flu season approaching we had to decide if we wanted the babies to have the flu shot and also if James and I wanted to get the flu shot.  James and I are total needle wimps but after talking to the doctor we decided that we would get family flu shots today...oh goodie!

On the bright side here is a quick update on Piper and Phoebe:

Piper-- 12 pounds 14.5 ounces, 23 1/4 inches long
Phoebe-- 12 pounds 9.5 ounces, 23 1/4 inches long

Dr. Roberts was very pleased with both girls growth and development.  The most exciting part of the visit was the doctor gave us the ok for Phoebe and Piper to start solid foods.  Just recently both girls will wake up every time James and I eat and want to be around us and our food.  No more peaceful dinners out for James and I where the babies sleep quietly in their stroller.  To get ready for this new milestone I am going to google rice cereal recipes and get to work on making it ASAP.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I promise James and I will try to get some good photos of the babies first food experience and post them on the blog soon.




1 comment:

Holly Lombardo said...

this was my go to site! http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/