Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today was Piper and Phoebe's very first Thanksgiving.  In honor of the special day Grammie made the girls adorable onesies and matching head bands.  They looked SO cute!!  James and I had a great meal and afternoon with my mom and dad.  The food was amazing as always and so was the company.  This was the first holiday that we had that was so quiet and mellow.  We missed both of my sisters, my brother in law Mikey and of course my grandma.  This was our first holiday without gram.  It was hard/sad not having her at the house with us.  I just keep having to remind myself she is in a much better place.

    



I really enjoy Thanksgiving, not only for the food but because it reminds me to stop and remember how truly blessed I am.  This year in particular I am thankful for my health and the health of my family, the addition of Piper and Phoebe (our two little miracles), for being able to share a contract with an amazing teacher and of course my family, my church family and my friends.

Now that Thanksgiving is over I can officially get into the Christmas spirit which makes James SO very happy.  He has already been begging me to listen to Christmas music.  I love how he loves Christmas!  


1 comment:

terenjaxteegan said...

I love James' Christmas spirit! Good job on those onsies Val! Love 'em. So glad you had a nice time even though some people were missed. =(